Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    The other Appalachia officer charged in the election fruad caase. Don't know how I forgot that one.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    Ha, good thing the guy didn't have Dawgtown for a PO box. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Didn't Carl have a mine near Appy at one point? I bet there some good stories at the holidays around that family table.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    To me these acts deserve jail time but seeing that a police officer commited them the penality should be even steeper. it just makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

    I assume that since there was a plea agreement and he is getting off with so little that he is most likly turning on someone(s) maby who he ends up giving up will be worth the tradeout but IMHO I don't know how much worse it gets than a police officer doing this kind of thing.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    I think you are right Mega it is exactly what I was thinking. Still unless he has a motherload I think he should have been made an example of

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    [ QUOTE ]
    it just makes me want to bang my head against the wall.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    There's a smily for that: [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    Yeah, its sad to see how people want to use their "power" around here.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    There is the one factor that they always look at when it involves a police officer and crime.

    It actually goes into the cruel and unusual punishment issue. They try to prevent putting police officers or former police officers into jails or prisons due to who they are and what there position is.

    You put this guy in jail, who yes he does deserve it, he will most likely never see most of his jail time because he will probably not live to get out of jail. So they crank up the heat, try to get them to turn over or rat someone else out, put them in a position where they basically can be 'nothing' and hope that they learn to prevent a bad situation from getting worse (translation--murder in the prison)

    They used to try to put them in a jail away from the area that their crimes were committed, and from where they were an officer, but the way prisons are, that information gets around so quickly, its not even a realistic way of thinking anymore.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    I believe they have protective custody for people like crooked cops. A crooked cop, from I heard, is still held in higher regard than a child molester. I believe he snitched and somebody else will go down.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    Hit the nail on the head with that one.........even though now there are ways to protect former officers in prison. Maybe jail time wasn't right, but only 6 years probation? He should have some more SERIOUS restitution to do, community service, community education, and ethical training, to name a few. I don't think that he deserves to die, which is a significant possibility inside of the current prison system, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have done some time.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    Those charges warrant jail time, fairly serious jail time. We must hold those sworn to enforce the law to a higher standard. At least to the same standard, which in this case we did not.

    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #20
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Former Norton Officer Pleads Guilty

    I know i get upset and shoot off about things.

    But any more it seems nothing is reliable. I can understand this being a former officer and the probabilities of what could happen.

    But just 6 years probation and $2,500 in restitution? Either he was what mega said or the system just let it go. For the average citizen this would of been some serious jail time.

    Me personally im at the point i wonder if any of our systems work. Guess you read thing like this and the signal it sends, you begin to lose some faith in the system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •